Get ready for the ABAW's Whitehorse Lunar New Year Festival 2024 in Box Hill! This event promises a delightful array of experiences for everyone.
Organised by the Asian Business Association of Whitehorse, supported by the Whitehorse City Council, the free festival captures the spirit of the Lunar New Year by bringing together the vibrant Whitehorse community to experience delicious cultural food, captivating performances, traditional arts, amusement rides, a petting zoo, and more.
The Whitehorse Lunar New Year Festival 2024, celebrating the Year of the Dragon, sees the festival move to the new Box Hill location of Bank Street and the Box Hill Town Hall.
The main stage entertainment kicks off at 2pm in the Salvation Army carpark, showcasing a diverse array of performances suitable for all ages. Including;
- Lion Dancing
- Biàn Liǎn (Chinese Face Changing)
- Magic Show
- Chinese Opera
- Chinese Miao Stick Dance
- Chinese Instrument Orchestra
- Western Orchestra
- Various Dance Style Performances
- Plus more!
Things to Do
Along with the Main Stage program the festival has an exciting range of experiences for everyone:
- Immerse yourself in Chinese cultural traditions like calligraphy
- Delicious Culturally significant food
- Amusement rides
- Children's attractions and activities
- View exhibitions on:
- China's Ethnic Cultural Costumes
- Baoxian Du We in Artspace
The Whitehorse Lunar New Year Festival 2024 moves to an exciting new location this year.
Bank Street, Box Hill VIC 3128
Bank Street is well-connected by public transport, offering convenient options for patrons travelling to the event.
- Bus: Watts St/Whitehorse Rd on routes 270, 271, 279 is the closest bus station. The nearby Box Hill Bus Station can be accessed by multiple routes.
- Train: The closest train station is Box Hill Station on the Belgrave and Lilydale Line. Which is approximately 500m or a 5-minute walk from the event site.
- Tram: Box Hill Interchange - Stop 58 on route 109 is the closest tram station. Which is approximately 600m or a 10-minute walk from the event site.
We advise to check for changes to schedules, routes or disruptions of services before taking public transport.
With limited parking in nearby streets and parking stations, we recommend walking, riding your bike, carpooling, or public transport where possible.